Being entrepreneurial is a natural state of being for Indians. Statistics say that 52% of Indians are self-employed (NSSO, 2013). You have the energy. You have the ideas. We want to help you become bigger and better.
As the largest organisation working to promote the interests of the Jain community, the Jain International Trade Organisation (JITO) would like to enable startups who have a Jain Promoter, Founder or Co-founder. We endeavour to do this by bringing together numerous Jain organisations and individuals with similar interests. You can expect to meet angel Investors, Venture capitalists and Industry stalwarts supporting entrepreneurship at JITOPRENEURS!
The Jitopreneurs Pitch Fest is organized by JITO G2G and will take place between 28th - 31st October, 2018 as part of the JITO G2G Conference in London. The Pitchfest is international startup pitch contest with a strong focus on High-Tech Entrepreneurship for innovators of Jain descent around the world.
Who can apply:
In order to be considered, you must fulfill all of the below criteria:
- All applicants must be registered for the JITOPRENEURS JITO G2G Conference in London
- All applicants must be at least 18 years old
- Applicants are limited to one submission each
- Teams must have at least one member of (verifiable) Jain descent
- Teams must submit information for all of their members on one joint application form
- All materials (including ppt, videos) must be submitted in English
- All information provided on the application must be complete, true and accurate
Review Criteria & Process
All eligible and fully completed applications will be reviewed by a group of judges, who will rate the applications according to: market potential, business model, potential for execution and innovation/impact.
The selected startups will be invited to present at the JITOPRENEURS Pitch Fest during the JITO G2G London conference. The startups invited for pitchfest will enjoy a special discounted rate to pay and attend the conference.
- Screening: Invited startups will have the opportunity to present in front of a hand-selected JITO’s screening committee that is made up of successful serial entrepreneurs, investors and technologists.
- Speed Meeting: Startups (selected by the screening committee) will get face-time with potential investors in pre-scheduled SPEED MEETINGS.
- Pitch Contest: Finalists will have a maximum 5 minutes to present their pitches, plus 5 minutes for the grand jury to ask questions and give feedback.
- Cash Awards: From the pitch contest, winners will be selected for cash awards.
You can also expect to meet prospective customers and experts who are willing to provide insights into the state of the industry. You can meet fellow startups, quickly benchmark your offering and make invaluable connections. Startups will listen to powerful keynotes speakers, panel discussions and startup sessions. Lots of networking with mentors, entrepreneurs, VIPs, HNIs ……